Design, Engineering & Installation
Episolar is a full service solar company, and our success is due to the wise partnerships we have made with the leaders in the business. We recognize talent and bring together a team customized for the project and region.
Episolar is works closely with advanced steel manufacturers for our racking systems, experienced engineering firms in the renewable energy resources sector and some of the top performing and highly respected panel manufacturers in the world.
Episolar facilitates and manages every aspect of the solar project process. Our services include:
- Structural feasibility studies
- Application administration
- Design Engineering
- Manufacturing engineering
- Manufacturing of the racking
- Electrical work
- Sourcing of all components
- Ongoing maintenance
- Project Commissioning
- LCD connection
- Environmental Impact Study
Episolar conducts thorough environmental impact studies before each installation in order to ascertain and confirm the feasability of large scale solar installations. Episolar then develops the systems, be it technical or legal, to connect the generated power to the national grid of the country.
- Solar Irradiation Analysis (both satellite and ground sources),
- Seismology analysis,
- Topographic analysis, Land use
- Accessibility of grid connection
- Appropriate technology utilization
In general, there are two types of PV system configurations utilized in large scale solar developments, fixed tilt and single axis tracking mounting structures. Fixed tilt systems are typically rack mounted system with the panels installed at a fixed angle, normally at or near the latitude of the site to maximize for annual energy production. Single axis tracking systems employ an actuator system that rotates an axis so that the panels track the sun from east to west over the course of the day. The trade-off between these two systems includes:
- Fixed tilt systems are lighter in weight, are less expensive, and produce less energy per installed kW on an annual basis than a single axis tracking system;
- Single axis tracking systems are heavier (requiring deeper piers for footings), more expensive, and produce more energy per installed kW on an annual basis than a fixed tilt system
Episolar evaluates the specific design criteria of each site and engineers and installs the optimal PV system with a full cap design, wind loading plan and inverter compatibility, grid connection mapping, earthquake hazard preparation and topographic analysis including corporate responsibility of land use.